Sunday, July 1, 2012

Happy Canada Day!

Dear Canada,
I really do love you. You are one of the best countries in the world. I would be honored if you were to let me work there one day so that I could live up amongst you.

But I have some real bad news for you. A bunch of those tea party folks from down here say they are going to pull up stakes and move in with you. Seems they are really upset over the recent Supreme Court decision that says that the Affordable Care Act is constitutional. They want to get away from a place where their liberty is infringed upon by government run health care like Medicare and, well, you know, like you have. You are so kind, generous and hospitable, you'll take them in. I'm sorry that you'll need to take care of people who don't seem to be able to think clearly and who shout a heck of a lot.

We're not all like that. Really, we're not. Maybe they will change their minds.

So meanwhile, have a great day. Go to one of your beautiful lakes, have a cookout with your friends and family and celebrate your beautiful country. Thanks for all the maple syrup and the musicians. You're the best.

Love from,
Linda

Know Canada



No comments:

Post a Comment