Friday, March 2, 2018

I Just have to Say .... February is a Terrible Month

February looks like this.
This post is going to be short. All I need to say is that now it's March, and that means I have lived through another February. Thank goodness.



I know, I know, I know, every day is or is supposed to be a precious gift. I did not spend my whole days in bed crying or feeling sorry for myself, hoping somehow that it would all go away. I stayed busy and accomplished several things during the month. I did a lot of knitting. I read several books. And magazines. I cuddled with Smokey Rose whenever she was in the mood. I did some baking.
Smokey Rose knows what to do when the weather is miserable

Last year in SLC it was cold, and my apartment was cold because the heating system did not work well, and I was sick. This year I was not sick at all, and my heating system works fine. It was also sunny a far amount which helped. Nor was there much wind.

But it snowed often. Only once was there a large accumulation, but what kept happening was that it snowed in small layers so we ended up with laminated snow. And it stayed cold. Below zero F quite often. Did I say it was cold? Often? Really cold? It was really cold, A LOT.

I only made it out to the pool a couple of times. I made it to the grocery store a few of times too. I was able to walk to the library for knitting. I did talk with people on the phone and made liberal use of texting and email to talk to people.

My friend M. took a short trip ahead of a big storm to the coast of California. I really wished I could have done that too, but it was just too close to coming home from the big SLC trip. I will have to give this a lot of thought in the future. Maybe I could go away the last week of Feb to someplace like SoCal???? Maybe.

But now it's March. We're counting down to spring. I know we probably will get at least one of those super big March / April snowstorms, but those tend not to last because things warm up pretty fast afterwards. I can live with that because it is starting to become more sunny and warm than not.

Yeah for March.
I hope to use this more next winter instead of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment