Sunday, March 27, 2011

The CFO

The CFO has terminal cancer. The vet says she has, perhaps, 2 weeks to be on this earth. The vet told me the name of the disease, but I wasn't really listening. It's all over inside her abdomen. She has about a pound of fluid in there now with more to come.

I took her to the vet because she had stopped eating. She's home now and does eat small amounts of baby food. She has no interest in cat food at all. So she gets all the baby food she wants whenever she wants it. She is also still drinking water and using the litter box.

Her behavior is normal. She sleeps a lot. Then she will wake up, wander around, maybe have a little snack, find a new place to snooze. I'm spending a lot of time on the sofa with a blanket on my lap because that's one of her snooze places. Right now she gets whatever she wants.

Sometimes I can talk about this in person over the phone. Sometimes not. Facebook is a good thing. I can send out one notice to lots of people all at once. Right now I have to quit this. I'm crying to much.

No comments:

Post a Comment